Interpretive Panels

The Patterson House

brochure Interpretive Panels - The Patterson House

The Patterson House Interpretive Panel at Ardenwood Historic Farm, part of East Bay Regional Park District. Published by East Bay Regional Park District.

THE PATTERSON HOUSE Originally a simple two bedroom, two story farmhouse built on 1857, this house has grown and changed over time. It was to this home that 49er-turned-farmer George Patterson brought his bride, Clara in 1877. In 1889, George and Clara had the house remodeled into a grand Victorian home. This addition, by San Francisco architect Samuel Newsom, added an entry, family and guest parlors, and three bedrooms. In 1903, Clara would give the home to her oldest son Henry. In 1915, Henry and his wife Sara enclosed a side porch and balcony and replaced the original kitchen with a modern one. Oil Painting by Roger Fällman, Patterson House Collection 1857 1889 1915 The 1889 addition to the original farmhouse is a spectacular example of the Queen Anne style of architecture popular in the late 19th century.

also available

National Parks
USFS NW